2. Personal Profile
A visionary leader and professional person, who combines a strong people-orientation and entrepreneurial flair, this management generalist brings a wealth of hard and soft skills to any project. Academically highly trained and technically very skilled, both these assets have manifested into a wide array of experience in general management and information technology. With his profound understanding of IT, excellent human resource management skills, an eye for detail and strong leadership qualities, Peter Henochsberg is an ideal candidate for facilitating in any of the following fields: management consulting, IT project management, systems analysis and design, organisational development & strategic management, or training.
3. Personal Data
|Name:||Peter Michael Henochsberg|
|Visa status:||Qualify for UK Ancestry Visa|
|Professional registration:||Social Worker: SA Council of Social Service Professionals|
|I have a very wide range of interests and try to expand my knowledge in them both practically and intellectually. Interests include: reading, writing, computers, folk guitar, classical music, theatre, films, photography, psychology, mysticism, new age thought, channelling, Reiki method of natural healing, reflexology, radio hamming (ZS1PMH), mountain hikes, walking, sailing and sailplane gliding.|
|Telephone||(Local) 021 572 0329
(Int)+2721 572 0239
(Local) 088 021 572 0329
(Int) +2788 021 572 0329
(Local) 082 925 2298
(Int) +2721 82 925 2298
4. Education, Training & Qualifications
4.A Tertiary Education - Degrees
|1995||Stellenbosch||BA(Honours) Business & Administration|
|1985||Western Cape||BA(Honours) Psychology|
4.B Diplomas, Certificates & Courses
|2001||Certificate in Project Management||University of Cape Town. Continuing Engineering Education Programme.||Project management course - theory and practical.|
|1996||Adult trainer||Eskom & Allied Industries Training Board||Trained in training techniques|
|1996||Conflict management||Centre for Conflict Resolution||Basic mediation and conflict management skills|
|1989||Industrial relations||Institute for Industrial Relations||
Practical disciplinary skills
IR on the shop floor
|1988||Diploma in Business Management||Damelin||(a) Human Resources Mgt. (b) Accounts and Finance (c) Business Policy (d) Marketing (e) Business Law (f) Statistics|
|1988||Certificate in Personnel Management||Cape Technikon||(a) Job analysis & design (b) Recruitment and selection (c) Manpower planning (d) Training and development (e) Labour laws and IR|
|1986||Certificate in Bookkeeping||Rapid Results||Bookkeeping to trial balance and an appreciation of the balance sheet|
|1986||Certificate in typing||Sight & Sound||Touch, audio and copy typing|
5.1 Consulting skills
5.2 Management skills
5.3 Training skills
5.4 Information technology skills
5.5 People skills
Jul '97 to
Self employed & own business
Pleiadian Projects cc
Management & Training Consultant
• Private practice social worker
• Energy healer and channel
• Management consulting
• IT consulting
• Training & development
Oct '92 to
SA National Epilepsy League (now Epilepsy SA)
|Assistant National Director||
• Deputised for national director.
• Performed general management function on a broad range of tasks.
• Successfully raised funds by writing proposals to various donors.
• Monitored branch activities and performed programme evaluations.
• Co-facilitated strategic planning and change management on various levels within the organisation.
• Performed audits, wrote reports and performed accountability duties.
• Edited, wrote copy and published the organisation's newsletter twice a year.
Feb '91 to
|Community Education Computer Society||General Manager||
• Controlled all financial accounting, budgeting and reporting.
• Supervised and responsible for keeping books, paying salaries, doing statutory returns.
• Performed HR function, staff contracts, appraisals and disciplinary matters.
• Trained and coached staff in various aspects of management.
• Professionalised the organisation by facilitating strategic planning and organisational change.
Aug '90 to
|Self employed||Social Worker||• In private practice|
Jan '87 to
SA National Epilepsy League (now Epilepsy SA)
(Western Cape Branch)
|Manager (workshop for disabled people)||
• General manager of workshop employing fifty disabled people.
• Responsible for the total management of this facility.
• Performed all aspects of management from production, HR, marketing and financial management.
May '84 to
|Cape Mental Health Society||Social Worker & Rehabilitation Centre Manager||
• Social worker in the field.
• Established and coordinated Fountain House, a rehabilitation centre for mentally ill people. Was trained in New York in the Fountain House method.
Jan '83 to
|Valkenberg Psychiatric Hospital||Social Worker||• Did clinical social work with mentally ill patients and worked in the forensic unit.|
Feb '79 to
|University of Pretoria||Student||• Full time student for four years|
Apr '77 to
|SA Airways||Cabin Attendant||• Customer care|
Jan '76 to
|SA Defence Force||National Serviceman||• Medical Orderly in psychiatric ward|
Go to our page on:
Computer Sales and Services
Return to: Home page